10.13.2007

R is for Responsibility

This is proof that sometimes the apple DOES fall far from the tree!

As a child, teen and adult one of the biggest things my parents tried to teach me was responsibility. I got so sick of this word, that we started calling in the "R" word - like it was some kind of disease or curse word.

Anyway, back to the pictures. Yesterday, Collin was walking around with a bowl full of cereal (no milk). He accidentally dropped it and the first words out of his mouth were, " Uh oh! I better vacuum up my mess 'cause that's what big boys do!"

I was so proud and I am sure that my mom and dad are too :)



Apparently the vacuum (which is older than me, btw) is good at telling jokes!!

3 comments:

Carol Lambert said...

YES, YES, YES! I can die a happy woman, knowing that the NEXT generation has caught the meaning, and value, of the "R" word! Just gotta know the Lord sent that little guy to you for a reason!
Hey, that vacuum is one nice piece of work! Ask other people, without Kirbys, how long their vacuums last--you've got quite a treasure there! Enjoy -- you certainly didn't appreciate it when you were Collin's age!

Love you,
Mrs. Responsibility
aka Mom/Proud Grandma

Anonymous said...

Nice vacuum!

Carol Lambert said...

On your birthday, Jenny, it is also fitting to celebrate the long and healthy life of the Kirby vacuum! Long may it live! Oh, and you, too!
Hugs & Kisses,
Mom