the number of days I was home in July! I did a horrible job of taking pictures, since Jason is our picture taker and he wasn't at most of the events. But here is a recap. WARNING: this may get a tad bit lengthy. It is mostly so I remember it down the road.
*July 3-9: I started the month off in Logan for my nephew Kade's baptism, as well as the Logan Cruise In and 4th of July. I then headed down to SLC so I could work while Collin got to play with Carlie and Davis. We also took my dad out for his birthday and I got to do some shopping with my mom!
*July 10-17: I then came home for eight days and we were off again.
*July 18-20: This time, I was lucky enough to have Jason come with me. We took a 6 AM flight to Phoenix for our niece's wedding...that's right, I said SIX AM. I had no idea people were up at this hour & fully functioning ;)
Anyway, after we flew in we headed to get our rental car. The lady told us to go downstairs and pick any car from row F and G. As we were walking down the aisle, I just wanted Jason to hurry and pick one. There were Nissan's and trucks and that was about it...until I saw this baby!
After a bit of convincing (on my end), we decided to go for it since we were only there until the next day and we didn't have Collin (my parents so lovingly let him stay with them!).
Whatta think of our nice ride?!
After a bit of convincing (on my end), we decided to go for it since we were only there until the next day and we didn't have Collin (my parents so lovingly let him stay with them!).
Whatta think of our nice ride?!
It quickly got nicknamed the
"Cheddar cheese mobile"
After Jason played a round of golf and I hung out with my Uncle Kody and cousins, we headed to Mandy's wedding. After the ceremony, I randomly ran into my cousin Steve and his wife Amy! They live in Tuscon and came up to do a session and, of course, go to the Diamondbacks game. It was a great surprise in the middle of a hot (but wonderful) day!!
Oh, here is a picture of the happy couple...

"Cheddar cheese mobile"
After Jason played a round of golf and I hung out with my Uncle Kody and cousins, we headed to Mandy's wedding. After the ceremony, I randomly ran into my cousin Steve and his wife Amy! They live in Tuscon and came up to do a session and, of course, go to the Diamondbacks game. It was a great surprise in the middle of a hot (but wonderful) day!!
Oh, here is a picture of the happy couple...

*July 21-23: After flying back into SLC, Collin and I said good-bye to Jason as he headed back up for work. Meanwhile, Collin and I got to play with my mom, Heather, Hunter and Kade. I also had a Dr.'s appointment. On the 22nd we met up with Ryan's family to check out the floats for the 24th of July parade.


*July 24-27: Jason came back down and we headed to Midway for his brother's wedding. It was a fun weekend with lots of family and lots of noise!!


Collin also got invited to his friend Ema's birthday bowling party, I was glad we were in town!

*July 28-Aug.1: Collin and I once again said good-bye to Jason as he dropped us off at my parent's and headed back to work! On Monday, Heather and I successfully made 18 freezer meals for our families (www.30mealsinoneday.com). We also got to visit our good friends Bette & Marilyn, as well as go out to eat with my cousin Lindsay.
While watching the Food Network late one night, my mom and I saw a chef make chocolate covered bacon. So while we were there, she decided to try it.

Looks tempting, doesn't it?!

On the 30th, we headed up to Park City for the Lambert family reunion. This is something I looked forward to every year as a kid. I actually still look forward to it. We spent a lot of time at the pool, the park and, most importantly, playing games!! I guess I was too busy having fun because I didn't take any pictures. Well, besides this one of Carlie and Collin.

*Aug. 2-3: We ended this trip where we started...Logan. After getting back to my parent's house around 2 a.m. (thanks to the never ending road construction) from the Lambert reunion, we headed to Logan for a Chandler reunion. It was in honor of my Great-Grandparents 100th anniversary...they unfortunately, couldn't make it. I wanted to post the video of my mom singing "Lollipop, Lollipop" since it was the hit of the day, but unfortunately, the file is too big.
It was an extra special day, because we were able to celebrate my parents 35th anniversary!!
They were actually married in the Logan Temple. Here they are 35 years later:

Awww, tender feelings!

We then headed to Heathers' house where we dined on pizza and let the kids play (as if they hadn't seen enough of each other!) For my parent's anniversary, we decorated Heather's guest bedroom for them. Let me tell you, we have got some serious decorating skills in our family!! By that time, it was pretty late, so we decided to extend our never-ending vacation one more night!!
Whew! I am pretty wiped out, how about you?!?!
P.S. A a HUGE thank you to all those (especially Grandma Carol and Grandpa Gord) that let me, Jason and/or Collin crash at your place. We really appreciated it and loved being with you!


*July 24-27: Jason came back down and we headed to Midway for his brother's wedding. It was a fun weekend with lots of family and lots of noise!!


Collin also got invited to his friend Ema's birthday bowling party, I was glad we were in town!

*July 28-Aug.1: Collin and I once again said good-bye to Jason as he dropped us off at my parent's and headed back to work! On Monday, Heather and I successfully made 18 freezer meals for our families (www.30mealsinoneday.com). We also got to visit our good friends Bette & Marilyn, as well as go out to eat with my cousin Lindsay.
While watching the Food Network late one night, my mom and I saw a chef make chocolate covered bacon. So while we were there, she decided to try it.

Looks tempting, doesn't it?!

On the 30th, we headed up to Park City for the Lambert family reunion. This is something I looked forward to every year as a kid. I actually still look forward to it. We spent a lot of time at the pool, the park and, most importantly, playing games!! I guess I was too busy having fun because I didn't take any pictures. Well, besides this one of Carlie and Collin.

*Aug. 2-3: We ended this trip where we started...Logan. After getting back to my parent's house around 2 a.m. (thanks to the never ending road construction) from the Lambert reunion, we headed to Logan for a Chandler reunion. It was in honor of my Great-Grandparents 100th anniversary...they unfortunately, couldn't make it. I wanted to post the video of my mom singing "Lollipop, Lollipop" since it was the hit of the day, but unfortunately, the file is too big.
It was an extra special day, because we were able to celebrate my parents 35th anniversary!!
They were actually married in the Logan Temple. Here they are 35 years later:

Awww, tender feelings!

We then headed to Heathers' house where we dined on pizza and let the kids play (as if they hadn't seen enough of each other!) For my parent's anniversary, we decorated Heather's guest bedroom for them. Let me tell you, we have got some serious decorating skills in our family!! By that time, it was pretty late, so we decided to extend our never-ending vacation one more night!!
Whew! I am pretty wiped out, how about you?!?!
P.S. A a HUGE thank you to all those (especially Grandma Carol and Grandpa Gord) that let me, Jason and/or Collin crash at your place. We really appreciated it and loved being with you!

6 comments:
What a fun busy July I am very sorry I didnt see you, I think I was in Utah when you were in Idaho or else where and I was in Idaho when you were in Utah. I too look forward to the Lambert family reunion unfortunantly I have not been able to attend for the last 3 years lets hope for next year then hopefully I can see you and your growing family!
sounds crazy & fun! When do you find out your BABY'S gender? :)
Love the cheddar cheese mobile! If you are ever in Phoenix again you should drop me a line. Sounds like you had a good July!
Jenny,
did i get your email address right? I have pics I can send you, but I want to make sure I got your address right before I send them out to you.
Heather English
Hey Jenny,
It's Cara Childs (Newbold). I hope you don't mind. I got your blog off of Heather's blog. Congrats on your baby!!! I am so excited for you. I wondered if I could add your blog to my list and also if I could have your address to send you a birth announcement? You can e-mail me or go to my blog at childsfam.blogspot.com
Are there two Jen Lamberts that graduated from Taylorsville High in '98? I know that is a weird question but my husband is trying to find a Jenny Lambert but doesn't think you look like the one he remembers. His name is Mike Bryner. He just wants to know what happened to her and I hear good stories about her so I wanted to put a face with a name. I hope I didn't weird you out! Thanks for any info that you can give us. Stephanie
stephaniebryner@yahoo.com
Post a Comment