8.24.2009

Has the day really come?!

Collin has been waiting to go to Kindergarten since he was three.

A part of me can't believe this day is already here, but the other part of me feels like he is ready for more. Maybe it is because he did two years of pre-school. Anyway, hope you enjoy Collin's first day of Kindergarten!!

On our way...



For some random reason, this picture reminded me of his newborn picture...I'm thinking it's because of the hands.


You always gotta make time for a little photo op with mom and dad!


When we went to drop him off, I asked him if he wanted me to go in with him.
He gave me a look like I was the strangest person on earth and said, "Ahh, NO!"
Alrighty then!
He did, however, let Jason come in and take some pictures! (and I snuck in but he was oblivious.)



Here he is with one of his new friends. After school, I asked Collin what his name was & he said
"well, he is the kid I call Gavin"
Ummm, is that like the artist formerly known as Prince?
He didn't laugh.

He told me that he calls him Gavin after his friend in Utah. He said it will be too hard to learn new names, so he decided he is just going to call him Gavin.
Nice.


AFTER SCHOOL
Hmmm....do you think he missed his brother?!


He was excited to show us around his room.


And around the playground.




He absolutely LOVED his first day and can't wait to go back!

We love you Collin and are so excited for this new adventure!!

4 comments:

Kim H. said...

yeah I think he was ready! Love this first day outfit...G. refuses to wear collars of any kind now. Can't wait to start next week!

Carol Lambert said...

What a special day for a very special boy ... and his parents! Doesn't seem like that long ago that I took his mommy to kindergarten!

LOVE the story of "Gavin"! Wonder if the little boy likes his new name!

I thought the newborn and first day pictures comparison was great.

Thanks for posting, so we could be a part of this memorable day.

Julie said...

Way too cute! E was the same way. Bitter-sweet!

Jess said...

LoVe It! What a funny boy!