3.26.2008

time to explore

If you have talked to me in the last year or so about where I want to go once Jason is done with school, I have probably said something along these lines:

~ I want to go somewhere new.
~ I want to go where no one I know has lived.
~ I want to see how other people besides Utahns live.
~ I want to experience and explore America.

Well folks, (drum roll please) below are the four places that Jason is currently interviewing:


Twin Falls, Idaho


St. George, Utah


Elko, Nevada


Provo, Utah

Hmmm....so, whatta think? How did I do on my goals?!?!

12 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Yea for Twin Falls!!! You don't think that's an awesome, new, exciting, adventerous place to live??? I can tell you all the hot spots...the cruise...all the important things! Keep us posted. That's exciting!

Carol Lambert said...

Hey, what if your goals are:

Get a full-time job for Jason,
Be a stay-at-home mom for Jenny,
Pay off student loans,
Live close enough to let Grandma/Mom hug and kiss everyone once in awhile!

Any of those locations that will accomplish all of those goals is the one for you!

Proud of you and Jason and all the years of hard work to get you to this point! Great adventures, joys, and challenges are ahead -- enjoy!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

well those places all look fun, I dont see Louisville, KY in there at all, I think you guys should check it out. That would accomplish all of your goals!!!

Camille said...

PROVO!! I could use a fun friend like you around these parts!

The Wilker Family said...

Uh, Hello???? Phoenix?? I would say Tucson, but that would not meet all of your criteria. Arizona ROCKS!!!! What better way to experience America than to live with one of the highest Hispanic populations in the nation?? ;)

Jess said...

3 cheers for St. George! I'm pretty excited about it. I'm so happy for you guys to get done! Congrats!

Kim H. said...

wow, really branching out there jen:) no really, good luck to Jason!

Monica said...

I think those places are quite the cat's meow. (I have always wanted to say that) Don't move too far away, lots of people in that @%*$ Utah love you lots.
-RGL using Monica's account

Nan and Aaron said...

Twin Falls is pretty much heaven on earth - you can get a killer bean burrito at Nine Beans for lunch, go catch lizards at Rock Creek Park, pick up a greasy burger at Burger Stop for dinner (both Nine Beans and Burger Stop are very "classy" establishments), and throw stuff off the bridge all in one day! What more could you want? Plus, you're really close to heaven on earth #2 - Burley!

Merinda Reeder said...

I don't see any posts saying "Yeah you'll be close to me in Elko." Which fulfills one criteria better than the others. And it is technically outside Utah. But for the fabulous people that you are, I can see the enthusiasm for your local proximity. I used to say the same kinds of things and I am in Maryland - more than a days drive from ANYBODY that I knew before I came here. I'd recommend it; but we're already here, which is a disqualifier. Congratulations and all the best, regardless of your choice.

Maren said...

Well, I think your Utah picks seem to me like the best choices, followed by Twin Falls. Elko-- well, it's a small town FAR away from EVERYTHING. I know some people who live there-- nice people, but they're always driving to Salt Lake (like 4 hours or something). If you do end up there, at least you can meet some nice people.:) It's exciting to think about where you might end up. Good luck!!!

Jill said...

Jenny!!!!!! It's your friend Jill. I hope you read this. I just found you on Meg's blog. My vote is for St. George because then we could hang out together. Let me know where you end up!!! Come check out my Blog www.binghamtribe.blogspot.com